The Sacrament of Baptism
Parents and godparents of a child who is going to be baptized must attend one pre-baptismal classes of approximately one hour.
Please call the rectory office to schedule your preparation session.
Children who have reached the age of seven must attend religious education classes before being baptized.
* Godparents should be at least 16 years old; they should be Catholics who have been baptized, confirmed and received the Eucharist, and who practice their faith (e.g., they go to Mass on Sundays, and are either single or if married, they must be married in the Church).
* A non-Catholic Christian may only be a witness to the Baptism, as long as there is a Catholic sponsor.
* Submit Sponsorship letter from your Parish.
All necessary paperwork must be submitted before attending the class.
* If parents wish their child to be baptized, it is assumed that their faith is important to them, and that they themselves are practicing their faith; in other words, that they have been baptized, confirmed, and that they have received the Eucharist, and go to Mass on Sundays.
The Sacrament of Matrimony
The Sacrament of Matrimony is offered to registered parishoners only. Preparation with a priest must begin at least six months prior to the wedding.
Both bride and groom will be asked to provide the following documents. If you anticipate any difficulty in obtaining these documents, please contact one of the priests.
– A Baptismal Certificate For Catholics, the Baptismal certificate must be issued from the church of Baptism no earlier than the date of the initial meeting with the priest. For non-Catholics, the Baptismal certificate need not be of recent issue.
– A Confirmation Certificate The Confirmation certificate need not be of recent issue, and is not required for non-Catholics.
– A Declaration of Nullity If either party has been previously married, a Declaration of Nullity will be required before marriage preparation can proceed.
– A Certificate of Attendance at the Diocesan marriage preparation classes.
– Affidavits of Freedom to Marry (The priest will provide and explain these at one of the meetings)
Confessions are held every Saturday of the month & on request 11.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
Please call the rectory to schedule an appointment.
Anointing of the Sick
Call the parish office so arrangements can be made to visit and anoint the sick. In case of emergency call the priest.
(Visited 112 times, 1 visits today)